Volunteers Association Membership Coordinator
Do you enjoy communicating with others and maintaining records? We are seeking members to gather new member information and applications and maintain the membership database for the Association. You will also be able to provide the Association and its members with current and up-to-date information on membership. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a group of enthusiastic members working with the Board of Directors and for fellow volunteers.
Volunteer Association Membership Coordinators are grassroots volunteers who work remotely to maintain membership databases. Their knowledge of the Association’s advocacy, support, fundraising activities and grants gives them the tools to answer inquiries about membership to achieving our mission of supporting our volunteers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors on membership numbers
- Build a relationship with all NSW SES members and the Association
- Educate Association members about what the Association is doing and how it can support them
- Work with the magazine coordinator by providing content for publication in our quarterly magazine on membership stats
- Recruit new members of the NSW SES
- Inform the office of work status
Skills and Experience
- Communicate effectively in a friendly manner
- Ability to create rapport and be proactive and passionate about the mission of the Volunteers Association
- Demonstrated reliability and professionalism
- Delivery of reports within required time frames
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to use computers for the purpose of receiving and responding to emails, preparation of Membership report
- Ability to speak in alignment with the Volunteers Association’s mission and brand
-You will be part of a state-wide team committed to providing a positive and supportive volunteering experience.
It is anticipated that the time commitment would be approximately 4hrs per month.
Membership Coordinators can expect attendance at quarterly update conference calls and preparation of reports for the Board of Directors (meetings currently scheduled every two months).