Do you enjoy building community relationship and looking for innovative benefits for fellow members? We are seeking members to help coordinate the benefits programs in the Association. You will also be able to provide the Association and its members with current and up-to-date information on localised benefits and options. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a group of enthusiastic members working with the Board of Directors and for fellow volunteers.
Member Benefit Coordinators are grassroots volunteers who work remotely to help identify and onboard local businesses and service providers who would like to provide a benefit to NSW SES Volunteers Association members. Their local relationships and passion for helping others will help achieve our mission of supporting our volunteers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors
- Build a relationship with local businesses and service providers
- Work with the Association’s Administration team to help maintain accurate records of local benefit providers and status
- Educate Association members about what benefits are available
- Work with the magazine coordinator by providing content for publication in our quarterly magazine on recognition
- Inform the office of work status
Skills and Experience
- Communicate effectively in a friendly manner
- Ability to create rapport and be proactive and passionate about the mission of the Volunteers Association
- Demonstrated reliability and professionalism
- Delivery of reports within required time frames
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to use computers for the purpose of receiving and responding to emails, preparation of Membership report
- Ability to speak in alignment with the Volunteers Association’s mission and brand
-You will be part of a state-wide team committed to providing a positive and supportive volunteering experience.
It is anticipated that the time commitment would be approximately 4hrs per month.
Member Benefit Coordinators can expect attendance at quarterly update conference calls and preparation of reports for the Board of Directors (meetings currently scheduled every two months).