Volunteers Association Magazine Coordinator
Do you enjoy writing and editing? We are seeking someone to write, compile and help publish our new quarterly The Volunteer magazine. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of this project working with a professional team of publishers and fellow volunteers.
The Volunteer Editor is a volunteer, or team of volunteers who work on a state-wide level to spread the word about the Association through our official magazine. Their knowledge of the Association’s advocacy, support, fundraising activities and grants will increase the reach of the Association, thus moving us closer to achieving our mission of promoting our volunteers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Write, compile and help publish our quarterly magazine
- You will be a part of this exciting project to develop a more contemporary look and feel
- Work with a small team of volunteers to create and collate magazine content, liaising with contributors to source and/or write articles and edit submissions
- Work with the graphic designer in preparing content for publication
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have some of the skills and experience listed;
- Good grasp of language and grammar
- Creative writing and editing skills
- Some understanding of marketing strategies
- Delivery of tasks with required time frames
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Communicate effectively in a friendly manner
- Receiving and publishing articles and submissions
-You will be part of a small team and provided with the opportunity to gain valuable publishing experience
The magazine is produced quarterly and it is anticipated that the time commitment would be approximately 20hrs per edition
This position would suit a writer/editor or a tertiary student wanting work experience in this area.
This is an evolving and exciting position and can be done from the office or at home.
- Induction session